At NCMT, showing is up to each individual child’s interests and goals. While we are not a “show barn”, we promote good sportsmanship and a chance to test riding skills in a competitive format. We encourage all Troopers to discuss with their instructors participation in the following opportunities:
- NCMT Review Shows: are “schooling shows” held in December and June after the Review Ceremonies.
- NCMT Benefit Show: is a schooling show held in May.
- Open Shows: are competitions governed and recognized by the USEF and the USHJA. NCMT runs 4 one-day shows per year. They are open to the general public, carry a “C” rating and take place in March, July and October. These may also be recognized by the following organizations:
- Blue Ribbon Ventures (local level)
- FW-PHA – Fairfield Westchester Professional Horseman’s Association (county level)
- CHJA – Connecticut Hunter Jumper Association (state level)
- NEHC – New England Horseman’s Council (regional level)
- “Away” Shows: are rated Open Shows held at other barns. NCMT usually takes a small number of participants to local area open shows during the summer months.
Horseless Horse Shows and Gymkhanas also take place at NCMT. Those are fun events for all!
For more information: